We have conducted a number of workshop sessions, where we have been discussing the questions we should ask during the oral history gathering. Generally we have broken it down to four main questions;
- Tell us about your free time when you were a child?
- What toys / games did you play, how did you play this game, what were the rules, where did you play. And did you do these alone or with friends / siblings.
- Can you tell us about any structure leisure activities you did as a child, such as scouts, guides, etc?
- Did you play with friends or siblings in the street, or out in the countryside without adult supervision?
- Can you tell us about about things you got up to in your leisure time as a teenager?
- Were you ever a part of a youth movement and how would you arrange to meet up?
- As an adult can you tell me in your own words about what you used to do for fun or relaxation in your spare time?
- How did you manage to fit your leisure activities in with your working life.