PS-Consul

Originally named “Duke of Devonshire”, P.S. Consul was one of the fleet owned by Cosens and Co. She (and her sister ships) were used to take tourists on pleasure trips to Bournemouth, Swanage, and other local places. She had a reinforced bow section so was able to be taken into Lulworth Cove where she was carefully run onto the beach so that passengers could alight for a short time ashore. She was built in 1886 and scrapped in 1968.

Leave a Reply